One of my favorite “quick” meals is to add different ingredients to my Krusteaz pancake mix. This particular mix-up can be made anytime, with any berries. I use frozen mixed berries most of the time, just because they are available year round and generally quite a bit cheaper than fresh berries. This recipe can either be made into pancakes or waffles.
You can use any pancake mix, I just use Krusteaz because all you have to add is water. Plus, its so good. They also have a protein packed mix.
Yields 4 waffles/pancakes Serving Size: 2 waffles/pancakes
1 cup Krusteaz pancake mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup berries (frozen* or fresh)**
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup berries** or jam
- Preheat griddle, pan, or waffle maker.
- Mix together pancake mix, water, and vanilla extract.
- Add in berries. Mix until batter turns purple.
- Makes pancakes, or put in waffles maker.
- Pancakes: Flip once bubbles start to form and a light golden brown.
- Plate once cooked.
- Top with berries or jam, and a light sprinkle of powdered sugar.
*If using frozen berries, soften in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
**You can either leave the berries whole, or mash up.