This is one of my favorite go to snacks. I make them on Monday and then they last for the rest of the week. They are pretty easy to play around with different add-ins and flavors. This is the original layout of my recipe but I will list some suggestions of other ingredients. Seriously use what you have in your cabinet!
Makes 22, 1 inch balls.
30 minuets to make.
3 cups oats
2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use white chocolate)
2 tbs dry chia seeds
1-2 tbs whey protein powder
1 tbs vanilla extract
3 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs honey
Optional add ins:
-Unsweetened coco powder
-Almond butter instead of peanut butter
-Any type of chocolate chips
- Combine together oats, chocolate chips, chia seed, whey protein powder, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate, microwave safe bowl, combine peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey. Warm in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until soft.
- Add peanut butter mixture into oats. Mix.
- It should start to form a steady consistency, to where you can push down and it will all stick together. (If not, put in microwave for a few more seconds, or add more peanut butter/coconut oil/honey)
- Use hands to compress small handfuls into 1 inch balls.
- Store in a container in the fridge or freezer.